The discussion is as old as eye cream itself. Is it just an unnecessary item on your skincare shelf? Can’t your facial moisturizer take up the challenge and perform just as well? We’ll reveal our answer right at the start - no and no again! Our research finds that your delicate eye zone needs delicate attention. We will explain why & share how it should be done to bear the fruit of a fresh, clear look.
Why So Special?
Quite simply, if two problems are different, so should be their solutions. The skin around our eyes is, undeniably, not the same as the rest of our face; it’s thinner, more fragile and less oily, more prone to dryness and irritation. The eye, in whose proximity we are patting our creams on, is just as sensitive and easily irritated.
Problems to Be Solved
So, what are our most common eye-zone concerns?
#1: If it starts with dryness, it results in wrinkles and there is no way around it. Unless, of course, you calm and nurture the delicate area with a suitable eye cream.
Skin around the eye contains less oil glands and for those of us whose skin is low on natural oils, dryness of the eyelid and its vicinity is no news at any age. Dry skin is susceptible to irritations and premature aging with all the signs that come with it - pronounced wrinkles, redness, fragility & lessened firmness…
How to prevent them effectively? With intense hydration & nourishment provided by a gentle eye care product. Search the ingredient list for humectants like hyaluronic acid or in our case, Osmoter™ in any of its forms, and for emollients like shea butter.
And if the charming crow’s feet in the corners of your eyes have become deeper than you like? Peptides, retinoids, and antioxidants like vitamin A or C are what you want to find typed in the small print on the packaging of your chosen eye product.
#2: Stubborn dark circles. Do your shadows only disappear in the dark? To fight or not to fight, that is the question. If they are inherited, you’ve had them since early childhood and can carry them proudly like a family signet. If they are a consequence of aging processes, though, peptides and antioxidants will make a difference if used consistently. Look for them carefully when choosing the perfect eye cream for your skincare routine.
#3: What about the pains of a puffy under eye? Are you inclined to massage yourself and your puffy lids into oblivion hoping to get rid of the retained liquid once and for all? Well, don’t! The very fragile blood vessels under the thin skin may get damaged and leak and make matters worse. Instead, look the problem straight in the eye and check that your eye cream contains anti-inflammatory agents, caffeine, and antioxidants to restore the structure and the natural balance of the delicate skin.
Before we introduce you to all AHAVA eye care solutions, let’s go over a few application basics.
When is the time for your eye cream? It comes just before your day or night cream and just after serum or any lighter texture you use in your skincare routine.
How often? Eye care should be applied at least once a day. Unless your product instructs otherwise, twice daily will bring the best results.
• Your ring fingers are the weakest of them all - use them for your gentlest touch.
• Dip them lightly in your eye cream jar to get a small amount of your product.
• Very gently, pat the cream onto the skin under your eyes. Don't forget the top lid needs nurturing too! Start under your inner brow and go around your eye all the way to the bottom of your inner eye corner - see the C?
• Avoid rubbing or massaging the product in & make sure to keep sufficient distance from your lashes.
• Let absorb and continue with the rest of your skincare routine.
What’s Left? Choices!
You will find Osmoter™ in all AHAVA skincare - each eye cream by AHAVA provides intense, day-long hydration thanks to this exceptionally potent mineral blend (to learn about Osmoter™ and its powers, read more here). Additionally…
• For gentle prevention in pre-aging skin, use our Gentle Eye Cream.
• For reduction of deepening wrinkles, use pRetinol™ Eye Cream.
• For wrinkle reduction & firming, use Extreme Firming Eye Cream.
• For dark circle & puffiness reduction, use Dead Sea Osmoter™ Eye Concentrate.
• For brightening & reduction of fine lines, use Age Control Brightening & Anti-Fatigue Eye Cream.
• For a complete post-menopause care, use Dark Circles & Uplift Eye Treatment.
• And if you’re a man & haven’t chosen from the above, go for Men’s Age Control All-In-One Eye Care.
*All our eye products are ophthalmologically tested & safe for your eyes.
Have you made your choice?